POSAResources for Ridley Lowell Students

Resources for Ridley Lowell Students

Updates on Transfer Opportunities for Ridley Lowell Students

To stay informed kindly complete and return the provided information sheet to us.

Options to Students;

  • Transfer; You have the option to transfer your previously earned coursework to another school pending their review of your transcript. If you choose this option you will need to reapply for aid at the new school you are enrolling in. It’s important to note that you will still be responsible for your loans and may need additional loans or aid to complete your studies. If you’re considering transferring to another school please visit https://www.ohe.ct.gov/HEWeb/POSAList.asp for a list of approved schools in Connecticut.
  • Discharge/Forgiveness of Loans; Students who have amounts of federal loans and do not opt for a transfer may be eligible for loan discharge due to the sudden closure of Ridley Lowell. If you recently enrolled at Ridley Lowell and are responsible, for repaying federal loans it is advisable to seriously consider this option. According to law students affected by school closures may qualify for the discharge of their federal loans. This option is only available if you decide not to participate in any “Transfer” arrangement.

To find out more about this option you can visit the website; https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/about/announcements/closed school.

Regarding transcripts the Connecticut Office of Higher Education is currently in the process of obtaining Ridley Lowells student records. Once they have been received students will be able to obtain a copy of their transcript by following these steps;

1.. Print the Request Form available at www.ohe.ct.gov/POSA/pdfs/RequestForStudentTranscripts.pdf.
2. Fill out the form.
3. Sign the form.
4. Mail your signed copy to the Transcript Release Officer at this address; Office of Higher Education 450 Columbus Blvd. Suite 707 Hartford, CT 06103 1841.

Please note that faxed or emailed copies cannot be accepted as an original signature is required.

If you are a veteran and wish to request a restoration of VA benefits please follow these steps;

1. Review the application thoroughly.
2. Sign the application as instructed on the form.
3. Submit your completed signed application to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) according to their guidelines.
4. Keep copies of all forms submitted to the VA for your records.
5. For information regarding your request you can contact the U.S DVA at 888 442 4551. Visit their website; https://benefits.va.gov/GIBILL/FGIBSummaries.asp.

Make sure to follow up with them for any information or updates, on your request.

Are you a student from Connecticut who faced burdens in paying for your tuition? If you paid for part or all of your tuition out of pocket or took out loans (excluding federal loans) to fund your education at these schools there might be an opportunity for you to receive reimbursement through the Connecticut Private Occupational School Student Protection Fund. If you are interested, in applying please reach out to [email protected].

Jayson Peterson is an experienced pharmacist, naturopathic physician, medical examiner, and minister. After earning his Doctor of Pharmacy degree from the Medical University of South Carolina, Jayson Peterson completed clinical rotations at several prestigious healthcare institutions and has been affiliated with several pharmacy chains throughout his career. His main passion and zeal is focused on providing world-class patient care by giving precise details and thorough instructions to those who need it most.


Subscribe Today


Expert content on a wide variety of Education topics. Always stay up to date!

* About our Privacy Policy

Exclusive content

More article